Enabling you to be confident in your compliance and your performance program.
The Care and Services Handover is one of the most powerful communication tools used in enabling safe and quality care. A well-organised and comprehensive Handover following the iSoBAR Framework enables essential information, including high-risk situations, to be communicated accurately. This process is critical in facilitating and ensuring a seamless continuity of safe consumer care.
The information shared in handover is key in ensuring the entire team understands the care and services that need to be delivered to each consumer every day and gives you the ability to plan and structure the day and the week and focus on the priorities.
Handover in every aged care home varies and can be a printed summary from a care management system to a template developed and changed to suit care staff overtime. The risk in these scenarios is that;
- You don’t get the whole picture which puts your consumers at risk
- There is not a consistent approach to handover and clinical care governance.
- When you receive an unannounced commission visit or accreditation visit, your documentation is not compliant with Approved Provider obligations.
Anchor Handover is a best practice tool based on the iSoBAR framework. It aligns with the Aged Care Quality Standards and underpins clinical care governance and management of high impact high prevalence risk with particular reference to requirements 3(3)a and 3(3)b.
What is included in the Anchor Handover tool?
- Welcome Guide
- An Example Template
- Implementation process and slide deck presentation
- Handover Policy
- Glossary of terms
- Approved Abbreviation list
- GP Referral form
- Guidance material
- Templated Handover complete document (tailored to your communities)
- *Support in style guiding
- *Online and phone support to implement
- Allocation of one resource per home to load the consumer details and consumer headshot into the template
- Maintenance of the handover tool
- Printing and archiving of the document
- Compliance to clinical care governance
- The ability to quickly identify High Impact High Prevalence Risk for Consumers
- Visibility, Clarity and transparency of information
- Support with SIRS and NQIP reporting
- Proof of evidence
- *Ongoing support from the Anchor Leaders
*One hour of online or phone support will be included in purchasing this tool. Any additional support will be charged at an hourly administration rate. Please advise us if you require extra support.
What are the benefits?
- Alignment of strategy – ensuring that the strategy and efforts are aligned. Divergence and disruption can make sustainability efforts fragile and prioritisation challenging.
- Compliance comes first – first and foremost providers need to address compliance, which relates to regulations and legislation and improves the health and wellbeing outcome for consumers and staff.
- Move from reactive to proactive – understanding priorities and delegation, recognising new risks and how to navigate through them and improve practices.
- Efficient and effective management of the aged care ecosystem – ensure the multiple layers of corporate governance and care and clinical governance required are in place and effective.