The Australian aged care landscape is undergoing an enormous transformation and exponential change related to clinical and regulatory compliance.
Consumers receiving services are older, frailer and with more complex comorbidities. This creates a challenging and, at times, confronting environment for clinical managers and leaders.
This 2-hour online program sets the base of your understanding of all types of Assessment visits, the role of the Commission, the role of Quality Assessors and the processes applicable.
Through this course, you will develop a working understanding of the themes associated with requirements ‘Not Mets’ and understand the implication of the non-compliance. You will develop a practical and working understanding of the risk-based approach in order that you improve your self-assessment, and PCI and have a provider plan in place ready to bring your team together when the Commission arrives at your service. This program will help you deliver on your obligations during each and every Performance Assessment.
Aimed at clinical managers and leaders working in residential aged care and home care services, the program navigates the complexity of the changing environment, in line with changing consumer expectations. In particular, this course provides the essential knowledge and understanding of clinical governance and care management frameworks to enable the provision of safe and quality care and an improved lived experience for consumers.’
“This online course is endorsed by ACN according to our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Endorsed Course Standards. It has been allocated 1.5CPD hours according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – Continuing Professional Development Standard.”
What will the session cover?
- The overview of the role and function of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (ACQSC)
- Clarifying where the ‘Rules’ are set down
- Refresh on the Aged Care Quality Standards – understanding your compliance
- Understanding a risk-based approach and different types of Visits
- The focus of your visit – Site Audit / Unannounced / Review Audit
- Assessment Visit readiness and processes – strengthen your readiness
- Understanding consequences of non-compliance – Sanctions and NTAs
- Responding to ACQSC reports and connecting to your PCI
- What your action plan will look like as well as a Q & A with expert aged care leaders
Who should attend?
- New and experienced Facility Managers
- New and experienced Care Managers
- Registered Nurses
- Senior and Executive Managers
- Quality Professionals
- Leisure and Lifestyle managers
- Laundry and Housekeeping
- Anyone new to the Aged Care Industry
What does the session cost?
$250.00 + GST Per Person, Per Registration*
*Group discounts are available, please contact us for more information