The Australian aged care landscape is undergoing enormous transformation, and exponential change related to clinical and regulatory compliance.
Consumers receiving services are older, frailer and with more complex comorbidities. This creates a challenging and, at times, confronting environment for clinical managers and leaders.
This program is designed to support clinical managers and leaders working in residential aged care and home care services. It navigates the complexity of the changing environment, in line with changing consumer expectation. In particular, this course provides the essential knowledge and understanding of clinical governance and care management frameworks to enable the provision of safe and quality care and an improved lived experience for consumers.’
- Identify your role as a clinical leader in relation to the deteriorating resident
- Identify primary causes of resident clinical deterioration
- Recognise the signs a resident’s clinical condition is deteriorating
- Initiate the management for a resident whose clinical condition is deteriorating
- Provide ongoing management for a resident whose clinical condition is deteriorating
- Document the process according to organisational policy and process guidelines
Following each of the 8 Aged Care Quality Standards, this session will assist you to understand your ability in not only caring for the consumer, but also preparing you and your staff with the necessary skills in recognising clinical deterioration in a consumer.
By attending this session you will be able to:
- Identify your role as a clinical leader in relation to consumer deterioration
- Identify primary causes of deterioration in a consumer
- Recognise the signs a consumers clinical condition is deteriorating
- Initiate the management for a consumer is deteriorating
- Provide ongoing management for a consumer who is deteriorating
- Document the process according to organisational Policy and Process guidelines.
This course will benefit
- New and experienced Care Managers
- Clinical Care Coordinators
- Quality Managers and
- Clinical leaders who are relieving in management roles
In a constantly changing sector, Aged Care providers and workers need to make sure that their skills base is always up to date. AnchorAcademy is designed to always give you the most current information, and the most relevant to what is going on in the sector.
We also specialise in education in topics that cover the basics in aged care, such as preparing you and your home for assessment visits, and how to assess consumer deterioration in a consumer.
Interested in participating as a team? For groups of more than 5 participants, contact us for a VIP discount. Discounts are also available for booking packages of 3 or more sessions. Contact us for more information.