High Impact Risk Assessment – Elders
The new benchmark for High Impact Risk in Aged Care
HiRA-E identifies the high impact risks facing older Australians in residential aged care or in-home services. The platform delivers an end-to-end clinical governance solution, giving providers a complete evidence-based risk register to inform the delivery of care.
As part of our commitment to reducing High Impact Risk, we’ve made our educational factsheets available for providers and consumers. It’s the first stage of understanding and reducing High Impact Risk.
HiRA-E is the first platform to preemptively identify high impact risk for consumers, improving the lived experience of consumers and significantly reducing compliance risk at an accreditation and assessment level.
Aligned to both ‘dignity of risk’ and ‘choice by the consumer’, it brings providers closer to the consumer, as required by the government’s aged care standards.
“High impact risk attributes to 60% of the compliance risk associated with harm for consumers against the current age care standards”
*based on 50 independent assessments and findings
- Deliver better proactive care – HiRA-E visualises the data, enabling age care organisations to quickly identify high impact risks and better care for consumers
- Understand high impact risk levels for individual consumers and the whole community
- Understand not only the likelihood but the consequence, act accordingly to reduce high impact risk and improve lived experience
- Get a complete breakdown/picture of the risk level in your home
- The first tool to preemptively manage high impact risk for residents
- A single source of truth – the register gives organisations a clear risk dashboard for the home and its consumers (in relation to High Impact Risk). See and identify the top 10 risks, review the consumers with the most number of risks
- Understand risk level against your workforce capabilities – know where you need to train and develop staff to address risk and consumer needs
- Evidence-based data to inform decisions to make sure you have the right systems and policies in place
- A completely transparent, end-to-end solution – informing board level right through to clinical and care staff
- A more efficient, cost-effective level of governance (cost minimisation through appropriate identification and minimisation of risk)
- Works with your existing clinical management systems
- Significantly reduces compliance risk at an accreditation/assessment level
- Tied to the government’s aged care standards, connecting the risk to consumers with the compliance risk for providers
- Being able to demonstrate successful High Impact Risk management for consumers will be fundamental to delivering ‘dignity of care’ and meeting compliance standards – HiRA does exactly that