The consequences of poor handover can result in waste of resources, unnecessary delays in diagnosis, treatment and care, as well as incorrect treatment or medication errors. Poor handover is one of the most preventable contributing factors to serious incidents that can affect each consumer in Residential Aged Care.
Handover is intended to enhance consumer safety by guaranteeing systems and processes are in place to provide a consistent approach to clinical handover between each shift. AnchorHandover has been curated specifically to assist Providers in having consistent communication and processes within handover.
Why should you purchase the AnchorHandover Package?
Providing great care is important. The Handover package will assist you in:
- Identifying the situations where clinical handover occurs and the impact of handover on consumer safety
- Understanding the role that information transfer, responsibility, teamwork and accountability play in handover
- Ensuring each clinical handover results in the transfer of correct information and continuing quality of care
- Providing consistent handover standards across homes
What are the benefits?
- Improves the quality of care and experience of the consumers and their families
- Improves safety
- Improves communication pathways between staff and consumers
- Improves action of coordination of care
What’s included in the AnchorHandover Package?
- Build process
- Implementation presentation
- Approved Abbreviation list
- GP Referral form
- Guidance material
- Welcome guide
- Example guide
- Templated Handover complete document