31st October 2023
Can you be held accountable with your consumers?
The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission has recently released a key document about ensuring providers are promoting a transparent and accountable environment for their operations and consumers.
This change requires providers to report on additional information about their operations to the Department of Health and Aged Care on an annual basis, commencing on 31st October 2023.
What will you need to report on, or before October 31st?
- A signed statement from the Governing Body
- Information about Diversity in your organisation
- The most frequent kinds of feedback and complaints you receive
- Information about your Governing Body’s membership
- A member of your executive committee (such as the CEO)
How can you be transparent as a provider?
- Provide consumers and representatives with consistent updates about your service
- Review your feedback management processes and reporting
- Ensure appropriate policies and process are in place, and working effectively with you and your team
At Anchor Excellence, we believe that it is important to ensure that you are open and honest about the going-ons in your business – this way, consumers and representatives are provided with a sense of trust in you and your team.
We are able to assist you in preparing for this reporting with policies and processes that are tailored to your organisation.